DECOMOBIL aims at developping and widely disseminating knowledge in the area of human centred design of ICT for sustainable transport
DECOMOBIL is a European project under FP7. The project started on 1st October 2011 and will end on 30 September 2014.
DECOMOBIL will take advantage of the structured research network set up in HUMANIST NoE and followed up in HUMANIST VCE, in order to develop and widely disseminate knowledge in the area of human centred design of ICT for sustainable transport. Expected impacts of DECOMOBIL are: widening the market for ICT based mobility and transport services by contributing to the development and the widespread of user-friendly innovative nomadic services, impacting bicycles, public transport and car-sharing use through the understanding of multimodal travelers needs; by setting up design recommendations for the next generation of cooperative systems and improving integrated road transport system; by analysing long term effects and potential impact of ITS deployment on clean and safe multimodal mobility and improvements in efficiency and environmental friendliness of mobility and transport in Europe by improving eco-driving behavior leading to the decrease of vehicles carbon emission for car, bus and trucks and by understanding human behavior critical parameters linked to the implementation of electric mobility system. For this, activities in DECOMOBIL will provide understanding on acceptability and usability of ICT for the population, and setting up design guidelines and recommendations to avoid misuse and to allow user-friendly interaction with ICT functionalities. Through organisation of scientific seminars and international conferences, definition of road mapping for future research priorities, reflection on JRIs, and dedicated structured contributions to the eSafety forum in the framework of the iCar Initiative and any relevant committees in this area, objective of the DECOMOBIL project is to contribute to the acceptability and the usability of ICT for cleaner and safer mobility through identification, discussion and dissemination of updated knowledge and know-how in HMI and Human Centred Design areas towards the ITS community at a European and international level.
Within the general objective of the project, the main actions are:
- To organise events involving researchers in human factors and engineering in addition to stakeholders from various backgrounds such as industrials, public authorities, decision makers to set up a fruitful framework to debate on the current and future priorities on human centred design of ICT and eco-mobility.
- To produce knowledge covering various fields of applications related to eco-mobility: design of nomadic, eco-driving and cooperative systems, resilience of integrated road transport system, training programmes in eco-driving, summarizing outcomes of DECOMOBIL task forces activities and including experts comments
- To disseminate outputs of DECOMOBIL activities towards European iMobility forum in addition to the ITS community interested in sustainable transport.
Expected impacts of DECOMOBIL are:
- widening the market for ICT based mobility and transport services by contributing to the development and the widespread of user-friendly innovative nomadic services, impacting vehicles, public transport and car sharing use through the understanding of multimodal travellers needs
- designing recommendations for the next generation of cooperative systems and improve integrated road transport system
- improving eco-driving behaviour